I’ve had this blog for almost a year now. I started it hoping it would be helpful for me to write about the things going on in my life. I’ve never formally introduced myself to the “blogosphere” so I thought I would do a quick “About Me” post for those of you who might be new here and just give you the “need to know” points about my life.
1. I have an amazing husband, Robby, and 3 great kids, Gracie-8, Pearl-2 and Wallace-2 months. I’ve been married 10 years and I’m still trying to figure out this wife/mother/homemaker thing. It’s been quite a roller coaster!
2. I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder and anxiety. I’ve struggled with these since I was 15 and I’m basically always trying to find ways to cope with these issues. The best thing I ever did was start seeing a psychiatrist regularly. Mine manages my medications and helps me find ways of dealing with specific issues that come up in my life. That’s when I started noticing big changes for the better.
3. I lost my 5 week old son, Gus, to SIDS in 2007. That was the biggest trial I’ve ever faced in my life. I was blogging during that time period so if you’re ever curious about how I publicly handled it, you can visit my previous blog over here.and go to the archives starting in August 2007. I will be posting about him and the experience soon so you can look out for that, too. I’m extremely open about the whole experience and would be happy to answer any questions you might have or offer any advice that I can. Just contact me by using the links on my sidebar.
4. I teach barre fitness at Karve Studio Gilbert in Gilbert, Arizona. Barre fitness is a mix of ballet, yoga and Pilates and is the most effective work out I’ve ever tried. Before I had Wallace I was down to my wedding weight and I’m currently working on getting back to that goal. I love teaching and have a lot of fun doing it. If you live in the area, come by for a class! Your first one is free!
5. I’m not crafty, creative or stylish. It’s something I’m constantly trying to work on but my instincts do not include making things pretty or having an eye for what’s fashionable. I’m amazed and inspired by those who come by these things naturally and so wish I had that ability. But it’s something I really have to work at and use my friends and the internet for any inspiration I can. Basically, I’m a function over fashion kind of girl who tries to be fancy sometimes.
That’s all you really need to know! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you ever want to get in touch. I usually respond quickly and love getting to know new people!
Thanks for coming by!